Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just an other Wednesday




I am up to row 24 on the Icelandic Shawl. I am using a size 5 circular this time. I have put stitch markers in for every pattern repeat and also to mark the center of the shawl. I think they have help tremendously, as the 24 rows I knit have gone very quickly this time. I think I only experienced one missed yarn over so far. Using the markers more often has help me keep track of exactly where I am, and hoping it will continue to be of benefit once I get to row 37. That's how far I got in several previous attempts and ended up froggin' the shawl because either the stitch count was off or the pattern was not lining up right or both. It is just too pretty to give up on it. Several ladies in the KAL are talking of making their 2nd one and here I haven't even finished my first.



This is a closeup of the stitches, with a dry blocking. There are a ton of little yarn ends that will need to be woven in because of the color change and also because my yarn requirements are more that my previous attepmts so I've had to add addtional yarns to each of the colors. Instead of 2 ends per color I have 4 or more! Not liking that!




I had hoped to be caught up on clue 4 of Secret of the Stole by Friday, but after completing Clue 3 I have only been knitting on the Icelandic Shawl. I think I'll put it down for now and see if I can't be ready for Clue 5 when it is published.



Are these just the cutest cupcakes? Richard and I decorated them Monday night for my Tuesday morning Women in the Word Bible Study group. I frosted the cupcakes, and Richard put the Werther's and almonds on around the eyes. He then gave them back to me to finish up with the chocolate chips and the cashew nose. We had a ton of fun decorating them!




Of Course I had to make one for each of Aimee's boys. Carson has been sick the last few days, I am hoping he will be feeling better today that I can let him have one of these. I only wish Gregg's kids were closer that I could share these with them as well!




Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least. I received a call from Rich just prior to the start of bible study. One of his employees had been injured on the job by a guy that works the whole job site doing cleanup. Apparently they were goofing off and Sergio ended up getting stabbed. Sounds like more than goofing around to me! He was taken to Scripps La Jolla and they kept him overnight for observation since the knife penetrated deep enough and close enough to his lung to be of concern. That's some serious goofing around...



Is this just the cutest little pumpkin?
And how 'bout the mouthful of reese's peanut butter cup on this fireman!

No comments: